Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is MailCity?
Who needs MailCity?
How do I use MailCity?
How do I Read my mail at MailCity?
Why is this so expensive?
Won't you bring the price down?
What is MailCity?MailCity is the future of electronic communication...the world's best permanent, portable email service. Your email address will never change again! You can change jobs, switch service providers, or change your user ID without affecting your electronic mail address. MailCity provides you a permanent yet personal identity on the Internet. MailCity will provide you with a virtual email address. All mail sent to this virtual address will then be forwarded to your current address with your Internet Provider or employer. After you signup with MailCity, all that remains is for you to change your Return Address in your email program and tell all your friends that your new email address is YourName@MailCity.ws. It's just that simple. As long as you keep the forward mail address up-to-date at MailCity, our system will forward all of your mail to that location and you will never be out of touch. As a bonus you will get a DNS entry for free: we will point a hostname like "Your.Name.MailCity.ws" to any one IP address of your choice.
Who needs MailCity?1. People that change providers, jobs or relocate frequently.
2. People that do not have a "REAL" internet address.
3. People that do not want to use their work e-mail address for personal purpose.
They can tell their work related contact YourName@YourWork.com while telling all their friends Your.Name@MailCity.ws and still receive all your mail at work
How do I use MailCity?1. Choose your MailCity address and sign up
2. Wait for your Account Confirmation Email and click the link to activate your account
3. Pay your Setup Fee by either creditcard or PayPal balance
4. Wait for your Account Activation Email
5. Change the Return Address setting in your email software to your new MailCity Address. Some email software label the return address as "Your Email Address". This is the ONLY setting you should change. Changing anything else may disrupt your email service. Some email software such as AOL's do not allow you to change your Return Address. In that case just put your MailCity address in your email signature.
6. For the LAST time, tell all your friends your new MailCity address.
7. Send and receive email like you always have.
How do I Read my mail at MailCity?Actually, you do not. MailCity is an email forwarding service. All mail sent to your MailCity address will be forwarded to your real address. Use your current email software like you always have to send and read your email.
It's Free?I'm afraid it's not. Setting up your personal MailCity email address carries a one time setup fee starting at € 100,00. Every time you change your forwarding email address a fee of € 25,00 is charged. The half-yearly subscription fee is set at € 2,50, thats only just over one eurocent a day!
Why is this so expensive?Because we deliver no-nonsense 1:1 email forwarding and nothing more:
Won't you bring the price down?The price is not negotiable. Everyone has different ideas of expensive. If you feel this is too expensive, you are welcome to find a less expensive email forwarder.
Junk Mail?MailCity will NOT sell our subscriber list to junk mail services or corporate entities!! This is something that will not change. We will provide you, upon sign-up, with the ability to request mailings regarding certain items of your choosing. You may choose many categories or you may choose none and remain junk-mail free. MailCity leaves the choices up to you!
Please note: We are mailcity.WS and NOT mailcity.COM!!! Please send your abuse messages regarding mailcity.com to: email@example.com